The AAUW Fund is a collection of funds:
- The Educational Opportunity Fund supports educational and lifelong learning opportunities.
- The Eleanor Roosevelt Fund supports AAUW research about important issues.
- The Jesse and Wilder Ellis Fund (Century Club) supports women pursuing higher education.
- The Legal Advocacy Fund supports legal rights of women/girls facing sex discrimination.
- The Unrestricted Fund is for the greatest need (for no fund specified).
Every summer, our branch sponsors two or three local 7th-grade girls for a science and math week at Stanford University. Tech Trek Camp has two sessions. Eighty girls can attend each.
Members can also volunteer for staffing, counselor, health aide, or dorm mother.
Tech Trek has hands-on laboratory activities to develop excitement and confidence. Students eat in college cafeterias, sleep in college dormitories, and use recreational facilities on campus, with field trips to local science institutions. Students meet women teaching and working in science, math, and computers. High school and college girls assist teachers and staff.
Make check payable to AAUW California Special Projects Fund and note to earmark the funds to Tech Trek AAUW North Peninsula Chapter.
- Legal case support
- LAF Case Support Travel Grant
- Campus Outreach Grants
Equity is the legal right of all women and girls. Advocating for women and girls, AAUW LAF frames and fosters factual, in-depth, objective dialogue among legislators and change makers that results in political, institutional and legal support for women’s equity in all areas of life and work, such as pay equity and Title IX athlete equity.
The Legal Advocacy Fund. This fund supports the protection of legal rights of those who face discrimination because of their sex including workplace discrimination.
- Graduating to a Pay Gap: The Earnings of Women and Men One Year after College Graduation
- Crossing the Line: Sexual Harassment at School
- Why So Few? Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Behind the Pay Gap
- The National Conference for College Women Student Leaders
- Campus Action Projects
- Elect Her – Campus Women Win
To contact local colleges to learn about their AAUW activities and grants:
* Skyline College
* College of San Mateo
* Canada College
* San Mateo Community College District
* San Francisco State University
- Government relations
- Civic engagement
- Field organizing
The Public Policy Fund supports advocacy for public policies and laws that are fair to women
- Fellows Alumnae Initiative
- Fellowships and grants
- Tech Trek
The Educational Opportunities Fund advances educational and professional opportunities for women in the United States and the world. It is one of the largest funding sources for graduate women, with 250 fellowships, grants, and special awards to outstanding women each year.
Our branch completed the Jan Barnhart/Gladys Betts Research and Special Projects Grant in November 2007.
Skyline College grants are awarded to two graduating woman students at Skyline College. The women have to be in good standing academically and planning to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete their undergraduate degree. Skyline College selects the students for the award. The awards are presented at the Skyline Award ceremony at Skyline College in May. To contribute to this award, note ‘Skyline Award’.
The Jesse and Wilder Ellis International Fellowship was founded by Margaret Ellis to honor her parents, who were medical missionaries in Iran for 25 years. The criteria for this fellowship are outstanding academic ability, professional potential, interest in studies of girls and women in her home country, and prior commitment to the advancement of girls and women through civic, community, and/or professional work. This fund was established by the North Peninsula Branch and is an International Fellowship Fund.
Century Club memberships help fund the Educational Opportunities Fund.
The Educational Opportunities Fund supports educational and lifelong learning opportunities that give women a chance for a lifetime of success. A donation to this fund helps to provide fellowships and grants.